|This article is a stub. You can help Alice in Wonderland Wiki by painting it.|
“Oh my ears and whiskers! I'm late, I'm late I'm late!”
|The White Rabbit|
|❖ General Information ❖|
|Occupation||Messenger for Queen of Hearts|
|❖ Relationships ❖|
|Friend(s)|| Bill the Lizard|
Pat the Gardener
Tweedledee and Tweedledum
|Enemies|| The Red Queen|
Queen of Hearts
Knave of Hearts
|❖ Behind The Scenes ❖|
|First appearance||Alice's Adventures in Wonderland|
|Portrayed by|| Bill Thompson (1951)|
Michael Sheen ((2010) and (2016))
The White Rabbit is a fictional character from the novel Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Michael Sheen voices the White Rabbit in the 2010 movie and the Disney film.first animal she meates
Origin of the Phrase
The White Rabbit is very famous in popular culture for his quote "I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!" in the 1951 Disney film. He appears at the very beginning of the book, running close by Alice on the riverbank and muttering, "Oh dear, oh dear!" I shall be too late!while wearing a waistcoat and holding a pocket watch. He also said "oh my furry whiskers I'm late I'm late I'm late"
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
A young seven-year-old girl named Alice sees the White Rabbit while sitting on a riverbank with her older sister. She curiously ran after him, and ended up seeing him pop down his rabbit hole underneath a hedge. Alice crawls into the hole after him and suddenly found herself falling and falling down what seemed to be a very deep well. While Alice fell, she saw several cupboards and bookshelves in the hole and other things, like books and a glass jar that was labeled "ORANGE MARMALADE", which unfortunately was empty.
Alice in Wonderland (1951)
Alice (2009 Miniseries)
The White Rabbit is the name of a secret organization that works for the Queen of Hearts and abducts people from the real world so that they can gamble in the queen's casino. There is also a character named Agent White.
Alice in Wonderland (2010)
The White Rabbit appears in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland movie named Nivens McTwisp, voiced by Michael Sheen.
Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016)
The Looking Glass Wars
In the novel series, he is re-imed as Bibwit Harte, the royal tutor to the Heart family, teaching them everything they have to know to be a good monarch. His name is an anagram of White Rabbit.
- In the video game "American McGee's Alice", he appears corpse-like and guides Alice throughout the game. He gets crushed by the Mad Hatter and dies, but is revived after Alice defeats the Red Queen, along with other characters.
- The White Rabbit appears In \Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. Sora, Donald Duck and Goofy encounter him as they arrive in Wonderland. At the trial, he announces that court is in session, and in both incidences, Alice stands on trial, presided by the Queen of Hearts. In Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, the White Rabbit is encountered by Roxas, and is later seen reporting to the Queen of Hearts about a certain trio of Heartless that the Queen's soldiers are searching for. The White Rabbit's report is a hint that allows Roxas to successfully complete his mission in Wonderland.
- In Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland game, McTwisp attacks using his watch. His special ability is to Freeze Time allowing him to rejuvenate flowers, repair clocks, and make a Red Knight move backwards back into the heart vortex where it came from. Although it can come back again, it is useful when attacked by several enemies.
- In the otome game, Heart no Kuni no Alice, he appears as Peter White, a tutor of the Castle of Hearts who kidnaps Alice into Wonderland and falls in love with her. He seems to be very protective and clingy of Alice, often claiming that she's his.
- In the RPG game Alice Mare, the rabbit appears as a guide to Allen (Alice). Though he's not show often in the game itself, he's seen to be a demon that changes all the Alices lives from better to worse. As he does in most of his other appearances, he still acts like a guide for (the) Alice(s).
Anime and Manga
- In the manga, Are You Alice?, the White Rabbit is posed as a sort of villain, the whole game of the series is to kill him. Unlike other appearances, this form poses him as a human with long, lop-eared rabbit ears and short hair, along with a small top hat and a sword, along with clothing more fit for a guard.
|❖ Alice's Adventures in Wonderland Characters ❖|
Alice ❖ The Mad Hatter ❖ The White Rabbit ❖ The Queen of Hearts ❖ The King of Hearts ❖ The Caterpillar ❖ The March Hare ❖ The Knave of Hearts ❖ The Cheshire Cat ❖ The Dormouse ❖ The Lory ❖ The Eaglet ❖ The Duck ❖ The Dodo ❖ Bill the Lizard ❖ Mary Ann ❖ Dinah ❖ Mathilda ❖ The Duchess ❖ The Cook ❖ Frog Footman ❖ Fish Footman ❖ The Pig Baby ❖ The Gryphon ❖ The Mock Turtle ❖ Tortoise ❖ The Playing Cards ❖ Bayard