“I don't know what you mean by your way, all the ways about here belong to me...”
|The Red Queen|
|❖ General Information ❖|
|Address|| Wonderland (formerly)|
|❖ Relationships ❖|
|Family|| The White Queen (sister)|
the headless king(uncle) The headless horseman(cousin)
|Relationships|| Knave of Hearts (lover)|
The White Queen
|❖ Behind The Scenes ❖|
|Portrayed by|| Edna May Oliver (1933)|
Ann Jillian (1985)
Helena Bonham Carter (2010)
The Red Queen (Iracebeth of Crims) is a fictional character from the novel Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll. She is based upon the chess piece of the same name. The Red Queen (also known as The Bloody Big Head and The Bloody Red Queen) is played by Helena Bonham Carter in the 2010 movie and the 2016 movie.
With a motif of Through the Looking-Glass being representations of the game of chess, the Red Queen could be viewed as an antagonist in the story as she is the queen for the side opposing Alice. Despite this, their initial encounter is a cordial one, with the Red Queen explaining the rules of Chess concerning promotion — specifically that Alice is able to become a queen by starting out as a pawn and reaching the eighth square at the opposite end of the board. As a queen in the game of Chess, the Red Queen is able to move swiftly and effortlessly.
However, in the recent 2010 Tim Burton film, she is quick to anger if things do not go the way she wants them do. She is merciless against her enemies and those who have betrayed her.
- The Red Queen appeared in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland as an amalgam of the Queen of Hearts, the Duchess and herself. Her name is Iracebeth of Crims. She is completely spoilt, callous, arrogant and demanding, coercing her courtiers to agree with every word she says, almost blindly. She has become significantly paranoid, going so far as to execute her husband for fear that he would leave her for her sister. When she has a decision to make, she twiddles her fingers about as she decides. She is portrayed by Helena Bonham Carter.
- In the novel series The Looking Glass Wars, she and the queen of hearts are re-imagined as Redd, the main antagonist and the aunt of Alyss. YouTube channel with me
- In the video game, American McGee's Alice, the Red Queen is the main antagonist and the final boss. She resembles in this game the darkest part of Alice. She took advantage of Alice's insanity and ruled Wonderland. By turning it into a twisted version of itself. She's mostly made out of limbs and tentacles. In Madness Returns, she is left destroyed after Alice took Wonderland out of her rule. She has a very important part in this game and resembles Alice's older sister, Elizabeth Liddell.
- The Red Queen was portrayed by Edna May Oliver in the 1933 Paramount film version of Alice in Wonderland.
- In the 1951 movie when the flowers are singing - there is a red rose that resembles the Red Queen and it is the same with the white flower that resembles the White Queen.
- In the 2014 ABC television series spin-off, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, the Red Queen is a main character portrayed by Emma Rigby
|❖ Through The Looking-Glass Characters ❖|
Alice ❖ The Mad Hatter ❖ The Red Queen ❖ The Red King ❖ The Red Knight ❖ The White Queen ❖ The White King ❖ The White Knight ❖ The March Hare ❖ The Sheep ❖ Humpty Dumpty ❖ Tweedledum and Tweedledee ❖ The Lion and the Unicorn ❖ The Bandersnatch ❖ Jubjub Bird ❖ The Jabberwocky ❖ Kitty ❖ The Flowers ❖ The Aged Man ❖ Lily ❖ The Monstrous Crow ❖ The White Horse ❖ The Bread-and-Butterfly ❖ The Rocking-Horse-Fly ❖ Snap-Dragonfly ❖ The Gnat